The North Island’s first ever golf club, the Hutt Valley Golf Club has provided recreation for the people of Lower Hutt since 1892. So when the club merged with Boulcott Golf Club in 2010 (forming Boulcott Farm’s Heritage Golf Club) they sought a new home that reflected their strong heritage and culture.
We’re building the state of the art new facility by DesignGroup Stapleton Elliot on a greenfield site. The 1050m2 new clubhouse features function room and café, commercial bar and kitchen, office and meetings rooms, pro shop, change and shower facilities, and basement trundler storage.
A steel structure with concrete floor slab, the clubhouse features large glazed windows to maximise views over the golf course. The exterior is clad with profiled metal roofing and wall cladding, with cedar weatherboards and fibre cement cladding.
A key feature of the building is the rock filled gabion basket walls at the entrance, which link to other parts of the course that also include the same gabion baskets. The south west side of the building sits up against a large man made lake, known as Ilot Lake.
Located in the centre of an operational golf course, the project has attracted significant interest from club members. It’s also required special attention to health and safety (flying golf balls!). The golf course is surrounded by residential properties, requiring extensive consultation with neighbours. We have carefully planned works to minimise disruption.